There are two methods of sending texts from Roll Call. The first method is free and uses email to send the text. To use this method you will need to know the cell phone number plus the cell phone carrier. You will also need your Email Settings configured properly. The second method is to use the SMS Service from NexMo. Your church will need to set up an account with NexMo.
If your organization will be using the SMS service from NexMo, make sure to configure the following settings:
- Select Preferences from the Edit menu at the top (Windows machines) or the Roll Call menu (Mac machines).
- Highlight SMS Texting from the left sidebar.
- Select the option to use NexMo.
- Enter the API Key provided to your organization by NexMo.
- Enter the Secret Key provided to your organization by NexMo.
- Enter the NexMo number that was provided to your organization.
- Enter any Msg Prefix. This will be in front of every text that is sent.
- Click OK to save this information.
Sending the Text
Once you have your preferences and settings configured, you are ready to send a text. To send, do the following:
- Expand the People menu.
- Click on Search Profiles.
- Pull up your list of people that should receive the text.
- Click the TEXT icon.
- Type in your text message.
- Click OK to send the texts.
A log showing the success or failure of each text will be displayed. You can SAVE, PRINT or CLOSE this log file window.