Enter general information There are several options for getting to the Add a Group window:
- Expand the Groups menu and click Add a Group OR
- Expand the Groups menu and click Search. Click on the +(Add) button in the lower left to add a new group.
Once you are in the screen to add the group:
- Enter the values for Campus (if applicable), Group Type, Department and Status.
- Enter the Group Name.
- The Starting On Date will default to today’s date. You may change it if you’d like.
- Enter the Ending On Date if you know the last day this group will meet. Keep in mind that on this date the system will change that group to inactive.
- If the group has a leader, enter the last name in the Leader field. Press tab to view a list of the folks with that last name. Select from the list.
- If the group has a co-leader, enter the last name in the Co-Leader field. Press tab to view a list of the folks with that last name. Select from the list.
- If you would like this group meeting to be displayed on the Calendar, mark the box to Publish on Calendar.
- If published on the calendar, select the color you'd like it displayed in.
- Indicate the fequency it should be displayed on the calendar. If weekly, indicate how often to repeat.
Click SAVE & CLOSE to save the information and return to the Search screen. Click SAVE & NEW to save the information and enter a new group.
To enroll people into the group, press the Members tab. From within the members tab:
- Click the +Add button in the lower left of the window. A new window will be displayed for you to enter the Last Name and First Name (or portion of the last name) of the person you want to enroll.
- Select the appropriate person to enroll in the group.
- Tab across to enter any of the custom field data for this person. If you need to define the membership custom field names, click CHANGE TITLES and enter the name of the data you’d like to capture.
Next, you’ll want to indicate which days and at what times the group meets. The meeting days and times are called sessions in Roll Call. A group that meets weekly can have an unlimited number of sessions. A group that meets randomly does not have any sessions defined. To create a session:
- Click on the session tab, if sessions are not currently displayed.
- Click on the +Add button in the lower left. A row will be displayed, with a default of Sunday and time of 12 a.m.
- Use the Day of Week drop down box to select the appropriate day.
- Enter the Start Time.
- Enter the End Time.
- Place your cursor under Room and double click to enter the room number of this group meeting.
Group Custom Information
If you set up custom fields (under Preferences) for this group type, you can enter the data in the Custom tab. Lets look at our previous example of a small group. We had set up custom fields to record emergency contact, studying, meeting location and accepting new members.
To enter the custom data for this group:
- Press the Custom tab. The fields on this tab are the custom fields.
- Enter values for each of the custom fields Emergency Contact, Studying and Meeting Location.
- Check the box for Accepting New Members, if the answer is Yes.
If no custom fields have been defined for this group, you may do this by placing your cursor in one of the generic fields then rename it.
Use the preferences tab in the group screen to set your attendance roster preferences, check in label preferences and grade/age range preferences.
Number of Labels – Enter the number of nametags you’d like to print when a person checks into this group.
Print Tag on Check Out – Mark this box if you’d like to print a name tag when the child checks out of this class.
Attendance Roster Options
Birth Date or Special Needs - Choose which field you’d like displayed on the roster. You may only choose one.
Show Year of Birth – Mark this box if you choose to include birthday and you want to display the full birthdate.
Show Age – Mark this box if you’d like to display the child’s age.
Show Family No. – Mark this box if you’d like to show the group member’s family number.
List Parents – If you would like to display the parent’s names for the group member.
Check In/ Graduation Preference
Gender - By default this will be set to both Male and Female. If however, the class is gender specific, mark the appropriate gender.
From Age (Years & Months) - Enter the beginning age that a child is allowed in this class/ group.
To Age (Years & Months) – Enter the oldest age that a child is allowed in this class/group.
From Grade – Enter the beginning grade that a child is allowed in this class/group.
To Grade – Enter the last grade that a child is allowed in this class/group.